Come here each month for a new easy charity project idea, then share your creations! Let's use our crafty talents to help families in need.

If you have any comments, questions or ideas, or want to send pictures of things you are donating, please email from1mother@hotmail.com I'm also trying to find information on places across the country that accept donations...so if you know of some organizations, please send that info along as well!

Friday, February 27, 2009

so um, February got away from me...

I did not get around to figuring out a February project. Maybe this won't exactly be monthly. The program at the church was only accepting money, not actual blankets. The pastor did give me contact info for someone who might have a place I could donate, but I have been busily knitting some other projects. It seems like everyone I know is pregnant right now! So here is the first thing I have finished for a friend's new baby. It may not be a charity project, but it's still something given from 1 mother to another, right?





I got the pattern from bevscountrycottage.com - a great site my mom referred me to- it's full of free patterns. I modified the hat pattern a little bit.

I'm friends with another couple that's pregnant & they aren't finding out what they're having- so I have to make a pink set AND a blue set for them. Luckily that will mean I'll have a set ready the next time someone has a baby not the same gender as theirs!

I will try to be back ASAP with another project idea, but I have a lot going on right now :(

1 comment:

Jody said...

How cute! You're doing a great job of knitting!
Maybe when you have a set of hat and booties leftover, the remaining set can be donated to a charity.