Come here each month for a new easy charity project idea, then share your creations! Let's use our crafty talents to help families in need.

If you have any comments, questions or ideas, or want to send pictures of things you are donating, please email from1mother@hotmail.com I'm also trying to find information on places across the country that accept donations...so if you know of some organizations, please send that info along as well!

Saturday, December 20, 2008

a project idea

I'm still really busy finishing some Christmas presents, but I wanted to share this idea in case there is anyone out there who isn't completely overwhelmed right now! I will come back later with pictures, but here is an idea...

Fleece scarves- so simple- no sewing required! Just cut a long piece & cut into each end to create fringe. Polar fleece doesn't fray, so that's all you need to do. You can make matching mittens & hats too. I'd like to make up hat & mittens patterns, but I don't know when I can get it done. It will eventually be up here. (I also know of a really great no-sew fleece blanket project that I'll do a tutorial for if I can't find one)

Also, check the link list on the side for some donation sites I've already listed. No Mother Left Behind is an organization that distributes slings & other baby wearing items to moms, and Miracle Diapers distributes cloth diapers. There are even links on their sites to tutorials for slings, diapers, and other baby items.

If you know of any organizations that accept donations, or a great site with crafty tutorials or patterns, please email from1mother@hotmail.com so I can add them to the link list!

Happy Crafting!
Mandy

No comments: