Come here each month for a new easy charity project idea, then share your creations! Let's use our crafty talents to help families in need.

If you have any comments, questions or ideas, or want to send pictures of things you are donating, please email from1mother@hotmail.com I'm also trying to find information on places across the country that accept donations...so if you know of some organizations, please send that info along as well!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

a quick post

First I want to say, I am so excited to have 4 followers! I'm so happy that people are supporting this idea, even though I haven't worked everything out yet...which leads me to repeat, if you have any input, comments, questions, or ideas for projects or places that accept donations to help families, please leave a comment or email me- from1mother@hotmail.com.

Anyway, my mom printed out a really cute knitting pattern tonight & I saw it & was like "wow, that doesn't look so hard, I want to make it! Well, it took me my entire pregnancy to make my baby's blanket, so I know it would take me years to make a whole item, but I thought I could make little squares & piece them all together like a quilt. So that's my project idea for today. My mom referred me to this great site that has free patterns- bevscountrycottage.com. Check it out, there's some great stuff (and not just knitting, sewing patterns too). Maybe some of the patterns could be done in small squares to be pieced together.

I know I promised some how to's & pictures, but I'm still at my mom's house. I'll have something posted sometime this week.

No comments: